Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sanding, sanding, sanding

I finished up the "body work" to the air inlet, and will skim coat it in finish filler once I have it fitted to the engine cover.



I also finished the side pod bottom. I added three layers of chopped strand S-glass to the damaged front.

I did not want to use body filler on this part. Reason being; I wanted more strength and less chance of anything chipping off due to vibration. I just used resin to "fill" the low spots, and sanded.

One more skim coat, and this part will be complete.

The other night, I was adding resin to the engine cover to minimize the use of filler. My niece & nephew were more than happy to sand. Who am I to deprive these kids of fun?

Leveling the resin.

After 4 coats of resin, I started the filler.

After leveling the body work. This side is now ready for the finish coat of filler.

While sanding, I decided to add a layer of carbon fiber to the rear and center. I am sure that it did not need it, but when is strength ever a bad thing? I will add another layer of fiberglass and it will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment